You can easily start/stop services from WHM with the Service Manager function. The Service Manager is a list of daemons that can run on your server. This feature allows you to select which daemons you would like to enable. To do this you should do the following:
- Open a web browser and connect to your WHM panel (Use the information sent to you in your welcome email).
- Click on the "Service Manager" link in the "Service Configuration" section.
- From that page find the service that you want to stop or start. The service names are in the "Service Information" column.
- Uncheck all boxes against the service name to disable the service or check them to activate it.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen to store the changes.
Congratulations! You now know how to use Service Manager.
Note: The daemons visible on this screen depend on the services you have installed on your web server.